Drone Prize 2014 is a nationwide contest that brings hobbyists together to help make the world a better place, and award fabulous prizes at the same time!
Throughout history, we have sought to know our world from above. Until recently, the aerial perspective has been accessible only to those in power or with deep pockets. But today, low cost unmanned aircraft systems (Drones) are emerging to democratize access aerial perspective, and to put it in service of the common good.
Drone Prize is about using accessible technology to change the world for the better. Use your drone to help the local community, film your mission, and compete for the chance to win!
Here's how Drone Prize works:
- Use your drone or UAV for the public good. Contact someone who could use the aerial perspective to enhance their work or passion.
- Submit a video documenting your successful mission to Drone Prize.
- Promote your entry through your own social media channels to tell the world your good news story about this exciting technology.
- Three semi-finalist teams, comprised of entries with the most votes and judge's scores will be flown to Portland to compete in our finals.
- Semi-finalists compete head to head in Portland for the Grand Prize.
The Drone Prize entry deadline is August 8, 2014. Official rules can be found here.
Make sure to register your interest for contest updates.